Thursday, March 27

Trip to the City to see Diego....!

Guess what we did today. Even though I'd been to the city (Manhattan, New York City) with Nosh many times by the time she was two, I'd never actually walked the streets after Reh was born bcos I knew for sure I'd never have managed both between people, cars, buses and more people. And with Reh - My God - darty, fidgety, loud Reh. The perfect opportunity came up though after my friend asked if we wanted to go see the Go Diego Go show Live at Radio City Music Hall. She's been to an Elmo show before and said it was worth it. For us Long Islanders, taking the bus to the train station and then the F train to the city and then walking up the blocks to wherever, with 4 kids better be worth all that trouble! Taking the LIRR didnt make sense bcos since there were six of us, two adults and four kids meant taking both cars and parking them at the station. Driving there and parking there would drain us of our college funds. No point. So anyway, we went today and the kids loved it!

Nosh was like "wow mom - we're actually walking here!" (as opposed to zipping to the other side (New Jersey for a family get together) in a vehicle of some sort) and "have I been here before?" and I said, "yes, I have photos to prove it!". Reh was amazed at the close proximity to cars and doubledecker buses and just loving the noise and hoop-la. Felt bad then that these kids live in NY and I dont do anything to milk the opportunity. Well no more - good times are here again with Reh being more travel-friendly. Am gonna get up and movin again. So anyway - here's our coupla hours in the city in snap-prose.



mom - are we there yet? say that in a weak-battery dragged out tune.


ah - a full seat to myself - wake me up when we get there....


lunch was at TGIF's - can't u just imagine these two 20 years from now - nosh yakkety yakking about her latest indignant encounter and reh going - yea...right..wahtever.
P.S. - the food was SO bad. I know for sure now - all they do is defrost and microwave a ready to eat meal on the menu. ugh. Between TGIF and Applebees, I'm ready to gag at the mention of them.


oh and in between Rockerfeller Center and the NBC studios at the atrium was this glorious display of easter lilies and those wonderfully bright, pretty bouffanty, pink flowers. nosh felt like she was in some wonderful moment.


dats our other half - my friend her son and nephew.
i so badly wanted to get into that crabtree and evelyn store. and the chocolate store. just to check out the city versions.

our stop - Radio City Music Hall.


the stage and the whole show was grrreat. cant put all the snaps up here but gotta reiterate it - it was a great presentation.


after the show. nosh is like - awww - cant believe its over!
reh - I'm gonna find a way to snuck into the innards of this place and stay put. if only I could!
lisa very successfully kept a sleepy reh awake. almost had to lug him up the subway onto the bus and home!

Dora makes a surprise entry

and the boy of the hour...DIEGO!!

6 comments:

the mad momma said...

what lovely lovely pics. and yes - do go again! I am so jealous. shall live it all through you.

RaisingT said...

amazing.. they look so happy.. touchwood!!
u've made me nostalgic about my NY trip.. the path to rockfellar centre had angels then (christmas time)..

Nat said...

Madmomma - dun be jealous and all yaar - you got a home here - mine so anytime you plan a trip with the kids, you got rooom and food, just let me know when you're coming. Honestly, I think about you everytime I pass by the NBC, ABC, CBS whatchamacallit studios.

RaisingT - Oh yea - they always have diffeent themed displays depending on the season and topic in question right. Next time you're coming here, drop in ok? or we'll meet you there!

mayG said...

oh wow! sure seems you guys had tonnes of fun!

dipali said...

Wish I'd known you last year- I was staying for a few days with my nephew at Long Island, did the trip into town a few times, and we admired Radio City from the outside. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful time!

Nat said...

Mayg - yup it was loads of fun!
Dipali - cant believe we were just miles away from each other. If I knew you then oh yea for sure we would have met up! There's always a next time?