Wednesday, May 6

The Gift



Back in the day when R used to call me up for our get to know each other chats prior to getting married, I guess the one thing he appreciated was that I like to read. He told me coupla weeks ago while we were discussing Nosh's reading that he expects to see her in various corners of the house curled up and reading like me, pretty soon. (The image made me laugh). Nosh reads to Reh now so we're thrilled and thats what we were talking about. At her ability not  - not that I dont need to read to them anymore! So on and off he brings me bestsellers from his trips and the first book he gave me was one from the Harry Potter series. I still remember feeling touched and wanting to laugh at the same time.

So last week he tells me on chat that I have a surprise coming in the mail. I cant imagine WHAT it is, he's not one for surprising and sure enough in a coupla minutes he told me what it was . (HAHAHAHAH!) At the time I figured it would be an unnecessary buy, I prefer a book anyday with the smell of paper and pages. Slowly but surely though, I have been thrilled with it. I've been taking it with me to the parking lot while I wait for Nosh n Reh, to a coupla doc appointments, took it with me when I went to Reh's school while he went in for more than an hour for his Kindergarten screening. Funny thing happened then, the principal of the school came by to say hello to the parents and she saw me reading and gave me this appreciative smile. Lol - was the funniest feeling. Back in school all over again.

Presenting my Kindle!

dun miss the healthy soynuts snack I keep in the car. (Notice I said keep. Must check the date on that thing)


amazon kindle o yea baybee



waking it up



he chose a understated purple for the cover - thought of everything yea.




the dude you see is Edgar Allen Poe. not R. chuckle.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thoughtful gift. You are one lucky girl.

Nat said...

Thanks Era...yea I believe I am :)

Mom Gone Mad said...

Cool gizmo Nuttyboo:-)

You're actually reading Poe? D.U.D.E!!!

Site manager said...

Wow. Does he have a brother? :-)