How time's been flying. My chiclet had zilch hair on her head for eight months after her first 'balding' ceremony. Back then we didnt know that she'd been blessed with her nanima's straight hair which took ages to grow in thickness because of it's fineness. We used to go crazy with little clips, pins and anything sparkly, glittery and preferably with its own hanging on for dear life capablities. She hates having her hair tied, pulled, generally does nothing to it but let it hang like a curtain. Lately though after school started, I see her trying to do things to it herself, parting it this way and that, pinning it up this way and that and usually the efforts are commendable simply bcos its nice to see the whole face and not just an eye peeking out from under hair somewhere. Of course hair bands were the order of the day. (saved me)
When time flies I meant, it's a milestone I think when ur daughter starts to dress herself up to make herself look prettier, more presentable, adds her own touches. The relationship with the mirror. Especially since I'm a tomboy mom raising a tomboy daughter. Or so I thought.
she was telling me she thinks she should get bangs

4 comments:
Awwww, I know exactly what you mean. I can hardly wait to see my girls in the morning,simply wondering what the hairstyle will be that day.
Awww Noshima, lil Nosh Spice. Mwwah!
You're making this mom of 2 boys jealous with all your talk of dressing up and clips:-(
What are you waiting for? Go get her bangs, woman!
My daughter is developing interest in hairstyles too. The other night as I was typing away my assignment, she was busy styling my hair!!
I can so understand :) And oh the pearlies, makes me kind of sad too - that they will lose it pretty soon.
Post a Comment