I often take limericky, silly songs kind of books from the library bcos its fun to see noshirinez (I often make silly names out of my kids' names too) and Rehmustario dissolve in a heap of laughs when they listen to the song and esp if it's a familiar tune. I got one today called 'take me out of the bathtub and oher silly dilly songs' by Alan Katz. I'm gonna type up a few that I found funny. Not that funny but funny enough to make the kids lighten up when they're doing circles around your legs saying "mum can I load the dishwasher?", "mum can I help you cut up the chicken"?, mum can I put my head in the dryer"and in between saying 'No' a hundred times, it helps to belt out one of these in your best ....errr.... c minor?
Stinky Stinky Diaper Change
(To the tune of Twinkle Twinkle)
Stinky stinky diaper change
Boy, my brother smells so strange
He made something in his pants
Sure hope it wont attract ants
Stinky stinky diaper change
Boy, my brother smells so strange
It's ok, dont hold your nose
Now he's clean and in fresh clothes
All his stuff is often stained
Can't wait till he's potty trained
He's so cute in his playpen,
What's that smell...oh not again!
Personal note - feel free to substitute words that'll have our kids rolling in the aisles - like doozy for something, Reh etc for brother!
Go Go Go Go To Bed
(To the tune of Row Row Row your boat)
Go go go to bed,
Put your head at rest,
Or tommorrow while at school
You'll snooze on your desk!
No, no no not yet,
There's more stuff to do,
Art and games and balls and cards
Plus some TV too!
Whoa whoa whoa slow down,
Not another peep,
You are young and I am old,
We both need some sleep!
Oh oh oh wait mum, Just ten minutes please!
Yawn, I wanna play somemore,
Yawn, um goodnight,.......zzzzzzz!
Give Me A Break
(Sing to the tune of 'Home home on the range')
Oh give me a break,
'Cause I made a mistake,
And my library book's overdue,
The fault is all mine
It was due way back in '92
Home home's where it's hid
This is such a bad thing that I did,
And you might say "Gee Whiz!""
'Cause the book's title is
How To Be A Responsible Kid!
I'm So Carsick
(To the tune of Oh Susanna)
I'm in my dad's Toyota,
And we're now in hour three
Im gonna visit Grandma,
Though I wish she'd drive to me
We had some lunch,
A while ago,
A tiny pizza pie,
I need a soda or some juice,
'Cause boy, my throat is dry!
I'm so carsick
Bet ween you and me,
We've been driving for so long that,
I am growing a goatee!
Some take the bus,
Some take the train,
And others get to fly,
We're in this car, in the slow lane,
I think I'm gonna cry!
I'm so carsick,
Gotta go wee-wee
Hey Dad, stop this Toyota
And next time, go without me!
Hope you enjoy these!
Wednesday, March 12
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
very cute :)
Nice ones!
You are tagged, Nat.
Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant. Now excuse me while I rush to print those out...
My first time here and boy, do I love these!! I actually sang out the "Go go go to bed" even though I am at work :D Will show this to my older one tonight and she will love these too, I am sure.
the things peoplelike....never expected anyone to actually comment on these but ah am deelited.
Mona - ok, now try singing it.
Kiran - you too.
GTN - welcome! my personal fav was the book overdue one!
just imagined a woman swinging around in her ergonomic, office chair with wheels and getting the tune right lol!
Post a Comment