Thursday, March 13

Tag time again!

Dipali - here goes!

Happiness is.........
Impromptu reading session in the afternoon in bed with my kids on either side and then snoozing off.
Watching the kids sleep.
Seeing them behave in situations I dont expect them to.
Driving with the kids in the backseat and having conversations with them.
Going toy-shopping with them (I rarely do) and seeing their joy on picking things that make them squeal.
Eating good food made by someone else ... it's akin to being pampered for me.
Recognising when someone needs any kind of help that Im able to then provide.
Bright open spaces.
Sunshine. Trees...I love them too.
Lots of greenery, water. (Just the way you described it Dipali)
Having a good conversation with the husband.
Teasing him and making him blush and smile.
Having a good relationship with nephews and nieces.
Hanging out with my siblings.
Chatting/talking with them.
Seeing the kids and the husband fooling around.
Doing things for parents that make their life easier.
Tidying the house.
Decorating it.
Taking the high road.
Caring for myself.
Seeing the high rises in Manhattan or Dubai or wherever - I dont know why, they make me happy - the kid in awe comes out.
Technology -even if I dont understand it but it works again it feels like magic to me and makes me happy.
Letting nasty people's comments or rude observations roll off my back.
On the flip-side, I'm happy when I can successfully put someone in their place too.
Trip to the zoo.
When I understand why my kid is behaving a certain way and deal with it effectively.
I'm happy when comments on my kids dont affect me. Both positive and negative.
Landing in India after a long flight. Reaching home and seeing my mom's eyes light up. Dad used to get quietly excited.
Watching my siblings inter-act with my kids.
The doorbell ringing when the husband comes home.
Nice looking finger-rings. Beautiful, exotic, simple. Window-shopping for jewellery. I love browsing. Same for bags, clothes for kids.
Going to the library and finding books that I know the kids'll enjoy. Some of them surprise me too.
A good read whether it's a magazine or a book.
When a prayer comes out just right.
I was happiest when I was pregnant. Lol.
Appreciating my body and everything it's taken me through.
Being with friends.
A good cuppa with friends or even alone. Now I manage to get the kids to dunk cookies with me.
When the vaccinations are over and I can scuttle the kids home.
Browsing through home decor catalogues or websites.
Flowers.
The smell of babies, baby clothes, baby products and nurseries.
Going through old snaps.

Oh I could go on.
I tag TAAMommy, Preethi, Mona and Orangejammies!

4 comments:

dipali said...

So many sources of joy, Nat, that is so happy-making:)
May I send you a great big hug?

Nat said...

pls pls do dipali!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you girl, your list was great, now i've to come up with mine ??? :)

Indian in NZ said...

'Going through old snaps' is my favourite too ! Great list Nat.