I saw this pic in the last issue of Oprah as I was waiting for Nosh to be done with school and it was of a glass with cut up bananas one part, strawberries the same equal part and blueberries the same equal part. The image stuck with me and at BJs last weekend I bought a bag of frozen blueberries, (my sub-conscious at work.)
Yesterday I listened to a mom talk about how her kid was gorging on fruits and veggies and suddenly it just occurred to me that the pic had stuck in me brain for a reason. My kids dont have a problem per se eating them (who am i kidding) but this way - they go in all at one time! WOWOWOWOWOWOW!
I made the smoothie yest, gingerly, wondering if the drain was going to get the benefits of all those fruits. Surprise surprise, the kids lapped it up. I sat there, at the table, you could have knocked me out with a feather.
All the mental preparation I do to make sure Nosh n Reh get their fruit and veggies, preparing for deals and cajoling them, actually planning which day to give what and when when all of it could go down like a tasty pill was magic. I could feel a knot unravel itself in my shoulder. lol...no really. The younger they were the easier it was to get them to eat. The older they get, the more inventive my dealings have to be. Next time I could put in a dollop of ice cream and it'll go down even more faster. Good thing summer's round the corner!
P.S. today I popped in carrots too and they didnt miss a thing!

6 comments:
Hi Nat, great idea with the smoothies. If I may share a couple of varieties: Bananas going soft? Freeze them and then put in blender with a little honey. Almost like a milkshake- yum.
Also, 2large carrots, 1 green apple, and 1 red apple fed through the juicer is delicious. Even my finiky eaters loved it.
And you're back!!! YEAH!!!
(general fanfare ensures and Shal turns cartwheels)
And damn. You made me smoothie-hungry now. Or is that thirsty?
Glad to have you back again!Yay for the smoothies:)
Era - welcome!
Shal - my one woman cheering squad...wha wud i do without u?
Dipali - thanks yaar.
ooh. give proper recipe type ideas for challenged people like me na?
Post a Comment