Honestly motherhood was nothing I imagined it to be. (DUH) The one thing that comes across more strongly than anything else through these past six years is that I am capable of a lot more than I give myself credit for.
So without waxing lyrical, (as you guys know I am wont to...) here we go...my reasons why motherhood has been such a trip I'm ODing on:-
1) I love how motherhood whether I like it or not, is about reinventing myself and our lives and the environment around us. For us as a family. More often than not, I'm grrring about it but when the end result is something I feel good about, nothing else gives me quite that kind of high.
2) The excuses for shopping are endless! LOL!
3) There's other people to blame unflushed toilets, funny smells (who let the gas out? who? who who who?) and messes on....
4) No one else loves me like Nosh does. That kind of love. The blind, hurling herself at me, cant hug you any tighter, already knows what I'm thinking kind of love. It's ugly-cry inducing and touching.
5) No one brings out the kid in me like Reh does. We're alike and so the thoughts and actions he triggers in me are stuff suffocated and kept down from ages ago. The kid in me. So when they come up, Im surprised and happy. Happy. He brings out the child in me.
As you can see motherhood is all about me. Teeheehee.
I could go on - I love how at the end of the day no one else can quite be the teddy bear to fall asleep with but me (thusly they are still unweaned off of me) etc etc but I shall bow out in dignity and leave the stage to you...
Ladies, I would love to have your take on it. Please!
Also:-
Guys, post 5 things that you love about being a mom/dad) and find someone to link to and tag - someone from your own country, if you like, but definitely someone from another country ..and to leave a link to the post at HBM, who started this tag.

4 comments:
Shopping! THats the angle I didn't think about :-)
Nicely done.
Done it ! Thanks for tagging me Nat.
And yes..SHOPPING ! I left that out too :)))
This is an interesting assignment. For some reason its proving to be harder for me than I anticipated. I guess I have to sit and think about my serious feelings. Uh oh.
Anyway, thanks for a lovely post.
The Norway Mummy is gonna mull on this one:-)
I loved your list. And yes. Of course. Its all about us yummy mummies. D-UH!
Post a Comment