Friday, April 11

Up up and away?

So many things to record - so little time and so little patience!
Went shopping at Carters today, wanted to pick out skirts for Nosh since beautiful weather is almost on us. We had a gorgeous, GORGEOUS, soul-stirringly pleasant day yesterday after rains and wind and cold and bleuegh. Love to see my kid in skirts and so I went to pick some. Last weekend I tried at Old Navy and they didnt have any. Today they had some but just rehashes of their previous designs and so I ended not buying any for now. What struck me last week and today was that I can't shop for Nosh in the toddler section anymore. Yes, we have graduated to the Miss' section and I felt forlorn!!!! No! No! No! People I remember bringing her back from the hospital like yesterday. I remember all the clothes I had bought for her were huge even though they were the smallest in baby size. Then I had to run out and get a few decent ones for outings from the preemie baby section. At 6.10 she was tiny. She weighed ok but she was tiny. My baby's growing up and I can never get used to it. I want to hold on to her little kid ways, chubby and 'mamma's the greatest' thinking and I see slowly but surely she's a little girl, a girl's girl. Didnt take after me, I hated pink, I hated sparkly glittery stuff, give me combat gear and camo any day. Her Dad wants her to join soccer classes and she vehemently opposes. I enjoy seeing my kiddo being a girl and loving it. Vicarious living at it's best.
I looked back at the toddler section and as before, when I was booted from the infant section, suddenly the clothes in the section I cant shop anymore seem to have the best collection and the cutest things, pairings, designs et al. There was a pink halterneck with lace straps and the same thing in teal and oh - I couldnt buy it. oowaaanh.
Suddenly I'm focusing more on Reh's toddlerdom and babying him bcos I know soon he's going to go her way too and then I'll have to borrow other's babies. Oh Lord have Mercy. Why do they grow up so fast? **sigh** I'm going to be bawling mess at Nosh's wedding and she's going to disown me.

1 comment:

dipali said...

Awww. We'd be more miserable if they didn't grow up, up and away!