My sister was wondering why there are these odes to Reh on the blog and hardly anything on Nosh. Thing is when I started the blog, I was just starting to tune in to Reh in a different way. He was talking nineteen to the dozen and it was much easier to understand and enjoy him. By then, Nosh was in her element, a full-fledged, little person who I knew very well. The way Reh was spouting different things every other day for us to see and understand him, Nosh had been through that earlier and she was very interesting too, except, I hadn't been blogging then. Wish I had though, never knew anything about it. I have lots of scraps of papers and diaries scribbled with things she said and did though.
To describe her now...let's see.
To describe her now...let's see.
One thing that I'm always appreciating her for is that she's such a sport. She's ready for anything (except waking up early morning) no matter what it is at what time of the day/night and she just jumps right in with you to do whatever you suggest. She's always been great with her brother and despite him taking away a lot of time due to her when he came along, she just loved having him around. Of course there are those days when she wishes no one else was around but her but they are very rare. It's reached a stage now where if one is sleeping, the other is restless and rudderless lol.
The flip side of that which I regret is that she's SO mature for her age sometimes that you forget she's a baby too or that if she regresses into being one, she has every right to it and all it will take is a little babying for her to feel loved and attended to before she's back to being Miss Nosh. I still remember the times she used to come looking for me when I shut the door to Reh's room to put him to sleep. Always used to make sure she was with her Dad though, never alone outside. She learnt to open the door without making any noise and she'd look quietly questioningly at when he'd finally nod off and then I'd be with her. When we finally jumped into bed together me and her, she'd be one thrilled kid.
She cant get enough of being read to. I could go through all her books and be croaking hoarse but she'd love to sit and listen to more. She still loves to go to sleep holding/snuggling next to me.
She's very good with her body, she can dance like a free spirit. She's been asking me to put her in one of those Little Gym kind of classes where they teach you to somersault and jump through hoops and God knows what else. There's one around the corner and I just might do that this summer vacation. She loves doing puzzles and is quite good at spatial skills. I never sat her down to it, its something she showed me herself and I'm thrilled at her ability. Art, cooking, drama, she loves these things.
She loves to go shopping and has a really good eye for picking out clothes and things for the house. A month ago, we went to a store and I saw this jacket which looked really nice, except it had all these belts and buckles. I guess it was inspired by the military look or whatever. I tried it on, it fit, the price was OK for one of those days you need to throw something on and rush. So sure and full of confidence, I tried it on and turned around with a flourish to ask Nosh what she thought. "You look like a man" she said very matter-of-factly and tutted, thth ththed her very practical, 'but of course' line at me. I almost fell to the floor laughing. Both at her comment and her bang-on lifestyle editor style. Thats how much fun she is to take shopping.
She loves to go shopping and has a really good eye for picking out clothes and things for the house. A month ago, we went to a store and I saw this jacket which looked really nice, except it had all these belts and buckles. I guess it was inspired by the military look or whatever. I tried it on, it fit, the price was OK for one of those days you need to throw something on and rush. So sure and full of confidence, I tried it on and turned around with a flourish to ask Nosh what she thought. "You look like a man" she said very matter-of-factly and tutted, thth ththed her very practical, 'but of course' line at me. I almost fell to the floor laughing. Both at her comment and her bang-on lifestyle editor style. Thats how much fun she is to take shopping.
Putting her clothes together too. I have a very basic, tried and tested sense of style. I'll pull out more or less the same combos of t-shirts that go with pants or skirts or whatever and put them on her. She, with the same wardrobe will manage to pull out something that adds new life to the same outfit after 3 years. Some new combination of colours, this jacket with that skirt, that tshirt-with this pant and you have to stand back and admire. I mostly am delighted.
I wasnt too crazy about sending her to bday parties simply bcos I'm not familiar with the parents and in our day you dropped the kids and picked them later. Here I saw how the moms hang around for the party too. Anyway, she went for her first one 2 weeks ago and was very thrilled to win a prize and was busy doing the cha cha with the rented-for-2-hours Snow White, when I went back to pick her up. I couldnt believe it! My girl? You had to revive me after I considerably wilted, backed into a corner and fainted after being asked to dance at bday parties when I was a kid. Here was my own flesh and blood, shaking everything she had and then some.
Before she left, the previous day , she was busy putting her outfit together, she found the perfect clutch (one which I gave her to add to her pretend/dress-up toys) and actually asked me for a cell-phone. Mine. Huh? I asked her why? She said in case she wanted to come back from the party, she wasnt feeling good or too nervous, she could call and ask me to pick her up. I told her she doesnt even know how to dial. (I was wondering where we were going with this) She said she had our number on a piece of paper and in her clutch. Then I remembered how she asked me to write down our number on a piece of paper to practice calling home, the day before. She said she had the paper and she would just ask the bday girl's mom to call me.
We settled the matter with me telling her, if she wanted to call me, the bday girl's mom had my number anyway and she could just ask her and she would immediately call me. She was'nt very happy with the arrangement but she realised there was no other way around it. So thats my super-planned, ahead-thinking daughter for you.
Shaboo I know you're loving this.
There's more much more to my little girl and I'll keep it coming. :)
Shaboo I know you're loving this.
There's more much more to my little girl and I'll keep it coming. :)

8 comments:
Lovely. How old are they, btw?
Oh where should I start... Nosh is an absolute beauty who tends to care about everyone. She is surely a little bundle of joy. I can talk 1st hand because I actually was present when this bundle of joy popped out of her mothers you know where. Her presence showed me the importance of loving and caring. She always has 101 questions for her Shaboo Didi(me). And I have 101 answers ready for her. When she was about 2-3 years old we would take her out for some pasta. Oh, how she loves pasta. There used to be days when I just didnt want to eat pasta or even go out, but as soon as I hear naushi's name I am up and ready to proceed. She still amuses me with her wits and wonders. We always blow the dance floor away... we should consider DANCING WITH THE STARS. Like her mom says she is a real sport. She has always been charged and ready to do whatever. I will always cherish the times we spent with one another.
At times she wants to do things that is suitable for 2-3 year olds, but face it we all want to be babied at times. Great example was last week... Nat, Nosh and I went to the grocery store. Of course Nosh didnt want to walk and therefore demanded to sit in the grocery cart. Well, she didnt fit, we were aware of the cut off age, but she wasn't. To make a short story shorter, she didnt sit in the cart, but jubilantly hopped, skipped and jumped behind us. I can spend hours and hours with this little angel, and be enlightened with eveything she says or does. But I always tell her mom " SHE IS GROWING TO FAST". I remember the times when I wished I can keep her all to myself, but now I am happy I can share her with the world and be delighted with her magnificence. Nosh I love you and always will.
Such a lovely child. Hug her for me, please. She sounds so composed and well integrated.
Mummyjaan - they're 5.1 and 3.4. :)
Shaboo - there's a flood around here!
Dipali - I will, I'll make it two. Thanks:)
aww.. can't wait for my little one to grow up so we could enjoy our girly moments together too!!
I had no idea a 5 year old can be such fun to go shopping with.. oh can't wait for sure!!
Tag time again.
Hii I came over from GTN's!
I loed reading about Nosh!She sounds like such a girlie girl..:) just so sweet!
Nosh luks like a high flying professional ..on the lines of Kiran Mazumadar Shaw in that snap!! Cant miss her "lucky stone" ring on her!
Post a Comment