Thursday, February 28

status set to busy

I'm going to use today to organise meals for the next 3 days, I find I'm sort of getting scatterbrained about it. So the chicken has to get made today and I found some kalijeera basmati rice and I'm dying to cook it and see if it's the same jeera rice that sends us into gastronomic rhapsodies back home. So pulao and chicken curry it is for today.

Well actually, R and the kids like simple, not so heavy dinners at night nowadays so I got a fillet of salmon to go with soup and some steamed beans doused in garlicky olive oil. Was supposed to make it last night but we ended up going out to dinner. So that definitely HAS to get made today since I had the salmon out to thaw and had to shove it back into the fridge again. The pulao will be packed in three dabbas for lunch tomorrow.

Let's see - what else did I have to do? I bought new detergent with a new fragrance so I just might finish all the laundry today in one shot. Folding and putting away too. Nothing gives me that kinda high on the domestic drudgery scene. Since its done so completely so infrequently. But I'm in the mood today so.

Got some sheets of homework to go over with Nosh before we head for reading class at 3:00pm. Gotta read the rest of the library books to them before returning them tommorrow.

What else? oh yeah - the itty bitty stuff - got some sinks to scrub out and shoe racks to organise, I think I better get going...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

And it never ends :), the next day begins and the whole set of todo drudgeries. Housewivery.. Ialways though I would have a rich husband and I need never cook :) !! And that is possible in India, just not here. What is this reading class ? Tell me more of your drudgery, it makes mine seem like its just not me caught in the middle of all this work, that someone could easily do and i could just sit and enjoy my times with the family !!

Nat said...

Oh you're very familiar with the reading class - KUMON!!!
I try and keep a minimalist look to my house, I try not to clutter it too much. Of course I would succeed if I learnt how to put things back where they belong first. So thats where my irritation starts - the second I see cluttered surfaces, my stress levels rise. Personally speaking, I hate routine jobs therefore all the housewifery is sheer drudgery to me. Washing the dishes, folding clothes...but my mantra is accept it and do it well. Excellence. It's another thing that sometimes it freezes me immobile. Oh well.
Chalti ka naam Gadi.

mayG said...

arrgghh, you know who I miss the most ever since I moved away from good 'ole PK?
..not family, not friends but the MAID(blessed be thou :P )... often I find myself snapping back into reality from my day dreams of the wonder-maid who would get everything done..
I think of her every time I scrub the toilets and mop the floors and put away the laundry and stand in front of a sink full of dirty dishes... sigh.. housewifery is drudgery alright. what pisses me off is the fact that I could be doing something way more productive and important in that same time that I'm wasting all my efforts in something even an unlettered girl from a village can do better..