Yesterday we went, Reh, Nosh and me to drop over a few of the forms we were supposed to submit before D-day. Luckily we bumped into Nosh's teacher who happened to be coming out of a meeting. She knew we were kindergartners probably from the delirious looks on our faces. I mean we were in the haloed corridors of the school we moved to this neighbourhood for, the school we pass everyday on our way to anywhere, always wondering whats going on inside there. She asked Nosh who she was and immediately completed her name by remembering and saying the last name herself. I was mighty impressed. I mean for her to take that effort after all these years of teaching (she has 10 kids of her own!!) and asked if we would like to see the class. We couldn't believe our ears! wow!! Would we?? Lead the way lady!
Nosh was bubbling over with happiness and when we entered the room it was like a private introduction and it was great to walk around the whole room, Nosh and Reh both touched everything they could, Nosh couldnt believe the amount of things she had at her disposal to cram into her day. If she was a teeny bit apprehensive before, it was all a thing of the past now with the love she felt for her teacher and her class. We got our instructions and left with hugs and byes.
Today, we went there, Nosh located her seat and when I was leaving, there were still more kids to come, hardly four or so had made it in by then. (And I was worried about being late!) Nosh couldnt wait to start, I could see she was raring to go and kept saying - Mom I love my school, mom I'm so happy to go! Music to my ears!!
Letter to Nosh
Dear Nosh,
I know you always laugh at your corny, soppy mom but hey, we're bound to each other for life so get used to it! Everytime you reach a milestone, I dissolve into tears and now I've gotten used to you rolling your eyes at me. And I dont have to pretend something got into my eyes anymore.
I am SO thrilled you've finally started school. I know you've been waiting for this day forever and now here we are. Doubly happy that you love your class, your teacher and your life! as you put it. I know you're going to have so much fun that we're never going to run out of things to talk anymore. I loved my school days so believe me when I tell you, I know what we're in for and I'm going to make sure I do my best to make this time of your life the best it can be.
I pray you excel at everything you want to and more. I hope you learn about friendships and your strengths and weaknesses and how to capitalise and minimise on them respectively. I hope your teachers take over where I leave off and you have the best relationships with them. I hope you can learn boys can make great friends and you have the best of both boys and girls as friends. I hope you come back everyday with interesting stories for me, dad and reh. I hope you'll have enough stories for Sha and Shabu didi too. I miss you and seeing your little form in bed and your coming to check on what I'm doing. I miss seeing you going about doing your thing. I know Reh misses you too. Next year when he joins you, I know you'll be the know-it-all sis!
I think we should thank your Dad for having worked so hard to make sure we made it to this neighbourhood and the best school.
I can't imagine where the time went. Five years went by in a blink. I remember bringing you back from the hospital the first time, and imagining happily reading you little fuzzy board books. Lying next to each other every afternoon and reading for all we were worth. I remember scheduling your pre-school years such that you went on alternate days and were home with me at least four days out of the seven days in a week. Despite your dad trying everything to to get me to get you to go everyday. And now here you are reading by yourself and laying your clothes out by yourself, and knowing exactly what you want for snacks and how to pack them! Now we're going to do this everyday! No more stealing you for a few days for myself. I don't know whether I should be happy or sad!
I hope the little we see of each other now will mean quality time and more fun, less get-off-my-back!
I love you sunnima, Happy 3rd September 2008!
A good bye and all the best hug from Reh
Found my name tag ma!
20 odd years of this - here we go!
dun miss reh trying to sneak off to the playground

6 comments:
Aaah yes, 20-odd years of this. God bless the kids, Nat. I hope Nosh enjoys her new school. We're at the same stage.
Ramadhan Mubarak too.
I'm depressed. the brat starts in march :( why are our babies growing up so fast?!
whats your email id ?
Hi Mummyjaan- Ramadan Mubarak to you too...hows it going? I know it's not the same having kids and fasting. Was so easy before!
Really ? Apya started school too?
Gotta read up on ur blog soon - time's flying.
MM - they're growing faster than weeds. Thank God we're in the age of digital cameras and let me drop in to school and see how he/she's doing!
TAAMommy - it's natsblr@aol.com, Watsup?
Babe, is this kindergarten or is this 1st grade? not quite sure about the system there. Cos Adu doesn't start first grade till next year.. loved this post.
hey nat! lovely pictures and congrats, you and nosh! school's a big deal alright. she looks darling in all the pics.
Post a Comment