Thursday, January 17

Hi

Hi guys,

I didnt think anyone was checking back on this blog but since there are some kind souls who are, the reason I've been away is bcos about a week before we were scheduled to leave for India, my Father passed away suddenly and everything from then on was a blur, leaving suddenly for India, seeing my mom and siblings and just getting through those weeks.

I am slowly getting back to some semblance of a routine, things feel disconnected and surreal. It's the worst nightmare anyone living far away from their parents can face I think.

I've been online looking for anything that can help me deal with grief and just losing someone. Its the first time for me that I've lost someone so close to me. So even though life has to move on, I have little ones whose needs have to be met, a life that has to be led despite whatever happened, it's going in fits and starts.

Nosh and Reh understand their Nana is gone, they liken it to losing their pets, thats how they understood the concept. They had a lot of questions, still come up with some that alternately make me cry and laugh but their biggest need was felt and appreciated when they were running about the house back home laughing and just moving when the rest of us were frozen. It made us realise how simply life must go on. Despite ourselves we had to get up and do what was required, we had to be brave, we had to laugh at their jokes and we had to do things to keep them occupied whether it was reading books or talking or answering their questions.
They brought smiles onto my mother's face.

Thats why even though I've been reading all you guys, I havent been able to post anything myself and I really appreciate your dropping by to say hi :). Invisible though this blog community is, sometimes, when the spirit comes through, it's touching.
Thanks and I'll be back before you know it.

7 comments:

Gauri said...

I am so sorry to hear about the passing away of your father.

May God give you and your family strength to tide over his loss.

May his soul rest in peace.

Hugs

Gauri

Anonymous said...

Oh NRMum : Very sorry to hear that. I am so glad that you could be with your mom. She needs to feel that she can still be dependent on someone. I lost my father while here too and he was so young. It is very hard and I had to be with my mom to show that we care, just cuz we are married and far off and have umpteen responsibilites, still her needs come first. It so helps to have a son, especially in India, so they feel that there is someone to rely on. I am sorry, i am speaking from my angle, i am sure yours will be different. And life has to go on, life is the for the living. I used to feel so guilty to laugh thinking how can i laugh when my papa is not there anymore and my mom is in grief and when i am supposed to be in grief. But life has a way of catching you unawares and making you live in the moment. Take it slowly. I trust your father had a great life with great kids and lots of love. And he is smiling down at you and taking care of you every step of the way.
Lots of love and hugs.
Take Care
TAAMom

Anonymous said...

And the picture, In India how they make a picture and give it to you to keep it home. I used to hide it as the minute i look at it, i am in tears and down memory lane. Now after 8 years, i have his pic up in my princess room and actually speak about him to my kids. Before i would just shun all memories and everything that reminded me of him. Now i tell my kids to say goodnight to thatha and we talk about heaven and all those things. So it is ok, if you dont want to be reminded of him now, there will come a time when you can look at him in the eye and smile at his pic and blink back the tears that well up in your eyes.

Mona said...

so sorry for your loss, nat. you and yorus are in my prayers.
may your dad find peace where he is and may he be blessed with the best in the hereafter.

Anonymous said...

So sorry about your loss NRmum. I don't know what to say at such time - I have no words to make your pain easier to deal with except that may God give you and your family the strength to cope with the loss.
Lots of hugs coming your way from me.

Anonymous said...

hi
this is my first time on your blog.. You have some really nice posts. I am so sorry for your loss. If you ever feel like talking, you can contact me anytime of the day/night.
take good care

dipali said...

I'm so sorry to hear of this. I'd been checking up on your blog occasionally, then saw your comment today on 2B's mom's blog.
A sudden loss is just so much harder to bear. The only consolation can be that your father didn't suffer a prolonged illness. May his soul rest in peace, and may the bereaved family find the courage to go on with their lives. My brother died very suddenly less than two years ago (predeceasing our parents)and life is really not the same even now. My Bhabhi does go to a bereavement counsellor( she lives in England).I wonder if you have any similar facilities where you love. Joan Didion's "The Year of Magical Thinking" is an amazing first person account of her husband's death.
If you ever feel like sharing your feelings with someone, you are welcome to e-mail me. (dipali.taneja@google.com)
Hugs and all good wishes.