Wednesday, November 21

Sephora here I come

Geez. Looks like I'm the only one who COMPLETELY forgot about make-up once Nosh was born. I read MM's post on make-up and then KM's (karmickids) post on it and I've been wondering how I managed these last 4.5 yrs without my battalion of products that got left behind somewhere in the boondocks of my life.
I remember I did all the make-up for my wedding myself and a lotta folks who saw the wedding album later asked me who did my make-up. Said I did a pretty good job on knowing I did it myself but now? My God - almost all the names that you guys were mentioning were alien to me. I hate mall-hopping now too but after your posts I think I'll just hop on over when I'm in Mumbai this Dec and load up on some Vichy, Chambor and errr.. gotta go thru those posts again with a pen and paper in hand....


I'd forgotten how much fun it was to dress-up and put some colour on!

Once upon a time my dressing table had the magnetic appeal to make my younger sisters and girl cousins go wide-eyed on being around it. Now my dressing table has diaper rash ointment, baby wipes, baby lotions and baby powders and u get my drift...
Baby cologne even!!

My niece was after me to revamp and shed that whole mother-of-two look that I was getting so comfortable with but the sheer overhaul it would require made me wheeze just thinking about it. She takes me to the mall and goes "yes yes!!!" everytime I suggest going into the MAC store or the New York and Co. store etc but shakes her head all the times that I run right out or buy things but shove them into the back of the closet. Bare Minerals too. Found the downstairs brand-new bathroom cupboard to store the all the Buff, Swirl and whatever thingumajig apparatus in. I'm a big fan of Cacharel too and last weekend, bcos I got a 5 sec break while the kids were being strapped into the car by R, I put Anais Anais on (after debating whether to go that or the Tea Tree (Arden) way and my neice goes - "You smell nice today". Ack! Does dat mean I smell like a walking talking nursery otherwise? God Help Me!
Not anymore though....If I dont actually stop by the Shiseido (for the fun of it!!) counter and buy something to celebrate my return to lookin my best next time I'm there instead of the nazrein churaaying that I do otherwise, let it be recorded here that I'll...I'll...I'll...do 50 uthak-baithaks. eeks...Shabbu ur my witness.
I blame it all on R. Everytime I think I'm looking my worst is the day he gets ermmm - up close and personal. Musn't take it for granted right? Ah. R - you're a good, kind man.

2 comments:

By Deepa and Supriya said...

"Now my dressing table has diaper rash ointment, baby wipes, baby lotions and baby powders and u get my drift...".....the story of our lives, really!!

First time here..hopped over from somebody's, dunno who :)

http://d-orchid.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Hello. My first time here too.

I have a lovely collection of toiletries and cosmetics, but my mirror is upstairs and they are downstairs, so I never really bother any more. Kajal and lipstick and I consider myself done.

:(