Tuesday, September 25

Booka Booka boom boom

Wow0wowwow...I love reading the funnies. Right from when they had this delicious spread in 'Young Times'. Anyone who grew up in Dubai would know what Im talking about. From Tiger to Calvin and Hobbes to Peanuts to Annie to Bonnie and Boo Boo (i hope Im not mixing the names up lol) and I wish to God I'd ripped out those pages and filed them away bcos just like a good classic, I can never get tired of enjoying reading them.
Yesterday when the kids were in school,I got this uninterrupted, unrushed half n hr at the library and it strikes me - why dont I get to the funnies/comics section and see what theyve got? Maybe I'll finally get my hands on the collected bound delish copy of Calvin and Hobbes which I remember seeing at Infinity Mall in Mumbai I think in some shop - cant remember if it was there for sure and I feel like kicking myself for not buying it wondering how I'd lug the heavy tome here. Now though I wish I'd just done it. Such memories and soul tickling/moving cartoon strip it was/is.

Anyway I got the 10th Anniversary edition and also a collected works of Peanuts!!! Im like a woman with a new piece of jewellery....I keep looking at the cover and smiling gleefully. Cant wait to share it with Nosh!

1 comment:

S said...

Can't believe you didn't tell me you had a blog babe! love it! very Nat.

keep goin'!

hugs, Shal